Crossroads Music Company will take on the duties associated with the publishing company created to launch the original works of Gus Gustafson, back in 2006–Unbeluckinfievable Productions [copyright]. Songs will be made available through the Crossroads website, and a new CD should be out this Fall…Stay tuned.
We could NOT have scripted it any better than the way it naturally played out last Saturday night [June 30, 2012], in front of a moderate crowd at Crossroads Music Company & Listening Room in Winnsboro, Texas. OK, East Texas, just a heads-up on the fact that Crossroads is doing its part]]>
Robin Beach Black, with Bruce Flett tearin-up the bass!
Gus, taking advantage of a photo op, with Buddy Flett & Jerry Beach! That’s Zeke Seighman in the
background on the drums.
Stan Hoffman, formerly of the Killer Bees!
OK, let’s start with Buddy Flett!
- “First You Cry” co-written with David Egan, covered by Percy Sledge, and was featured on the recent season finale of the HBO series, Treme’.
- Three time Grammy nominated songwriter/performer: 2011 Grammys: Best Contemporary Blues Album: Live! In Chicago
Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band Featuring Hubert Sumlin, Willie “Big Eyes” Smith, Bryan Lee, And Buddy Flett
[Roadrunner/Loud & Proud Records]
- Blues Music Awards 2011; Memphis: Rock Blues Album: Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band featuring Hubert Sumlin, Willie “Big Eyes” Smith, Bryan Lee and Buddy Flett ; Live! In Chicago
Robin & the Bluebirds:
- Robin Beach Black sang back-up for Percy Sledge for 2 years, with that soulful voice of hers!
- Stan Hoffman used to rock the house on keyboards/vocals, with the Killer Bees, one of the world’s top reggae bands for 12 years!
- Robin’s Dad, Jerry Beach, wrote the song “I’ll Play the Blues For You” which was made famous by Albert King, making the song go GOLD & selling over 1 million copies!
- Bruce Flett’s decade with legendary “A” Train
- ALL FIVE SING! Strong vocals throughout the show!
Tasty, tasty, tasty STUFF!! The Crossroads spirits have been nourished once again! ~Gus